You must create a profile before you can post
Send email to bill@poetsforum.com if you need anything

Forum Index | Bill's Poetry | Favorite Poems | Book Reviews |
Guest Poets | Poetry and Literature | Modern War Poetry

Poet's Gear
Poet tee shirts

Shirts, mugs, more…

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum

A commentary on all of your poems all in 1

Posted By: ~Maggie~
Date: Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

Hey Sara! Well, I've finally gotten the time to just sit down and reply to emails and other stuff. And I owed you a reply, so here goes:

My Dearest Love:
I like this even though I don't usually don't go for the whole love/sappy/etc. stuff. :) But it's sweet and utterly romantic. I hope Josh appreciated it the way it should be.

can you feel love:
I really like the way you begin the lines with a hyphen. :) I'm all for the format kinds thing. Oh, and I really like this line "-or do we find people because we're soft hearted and alone"

afraid:
It's kind of short, but maybe that's what it needs in order to make its point. :) Again, nice format; I like the "..." breaking the line.

Well, all in all, you have a lot of talent. Definately more than I do, and you've got a few years on me. :) Just keep writing and realize that adult poets always seem so much more sophisticated cuz they've had years of practice. Putting up with people who think "I love you/do you love me too/i hope you do" is deep is just part of the process. At least, that's what I try to keep in mind. :) Keep writing!

~*Maggie*~

btw: I use smilies a lot. So if it annoys you, well... it annoys a lot of other people too, and they deal with it. *grin* j/k

Messages In This Thread

A commentary on all of your poems all in 1
~Maggie~ -- Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum is maintained by Bill Ames with WebBBS 5.12.

Home | About this site | Bill's Home Page |

This page is the Property of William Ames - All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 1996–2014
Poems with listed authors remain copyright of the author