You must create a profile before you can post
Send email to bill@poetsforum.com if you need anything

Forum Index | Bill's Poetry | Favorite Poems | Book Reviews |
Guest Poets | Poetry and Literature | Modern War Poetry

Poet's Gear
Poet tee shirts

Shirts, mugs, more…

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum

Re: Robofish courts Sylissa

Posted By: Mary Theders-Rawle
Date: Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

Dear Bill,

I am encouraged by your reception of "Robofish courts Sylissa." It is an excerpt of a private ongoing story I share and write with another friend. Sylissa is a character created by my friend and She is a 12-tentacled octopus (more properly called a dodecapus) who lives in an environment of warm, carbonated brine. She, like earthlings in outerspace, must carry her supportive atmosphere with her, and travels via high-tech mini crafts filled with this fluid.

Robofish is my own character. He is a robotic fish capable of instantaneous travel to all portions of this universe, and perhaps others as well. He needs no supportive atmospheric environment whatsoever, and so can go wherever he chooses freely. I believe he traveled backwards in time and consulted with "Shakespeare" to get his love poem for Sylissa "just right." Though he doesn't normally speak in the King's English, he felt it best for this occasion.

I myself feel very constricted by metered and rhyming poetry. When I first started studying Shakespeare in high school, I would drive my family to distraction by speaking nothing but Old English around the house! Since then, a *lot* of time has gone by....

I will need to work on not only interfacing new technology with an old world, but my free and "questionable" personal style of poetry, with that of rhyme and meter....

Thanks again for your comments

MTR

Messages In This Thread

Re: Robofish courts Sylissa
Mary Theders-Rawle -- Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum is maintained by Bill Ames with WebBBS 5.12.

Home | About this site | Bill's Home Page |

This page is the Property of William Ames - All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 1996–2014
Poems with listed authors remain copyright of the author