You must create a profile before you can post
Send email to bill@poetsforum.com if you need anything

Forum Index | Bill's Poetry | Favorite Poems | Book Reviews |
Guest Poets | Poetry and Literature | Modern War Poetry

Poet's Gear
Poet tee shirts

Shirts, mugs, more…

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum

POET LAUREATE'S

Posted By: Steven Robert Heine
Date: Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

I think every City and town in America should have a POET LAUREATE. This would create a great interest in poetry and bring hundreds of literary volunteers into schools. Many towns have some fine poets (like yourself) that would be delighted to serve as LOCAL POET LAUREATE. I urge you to contact your City or Town Council and ask them to pass a measure to create a LOCAL POET LAUREATE. I also urge you to get literary groups and schools involved.

Many schools are delighted that LOCAL POET LAUREATE'S are being appointed. This brings role models and literary volunteers into schools. LOCAL POET LAUREATE'S need not be paid. City and Town Councils LOVE to support things that show they support literacy but cost nothing.

I hope YOU will become your town's FIRST POET LAUREATE. Write a letter to your City Council and local newspaper today.

STEVEN ROBERT HEINE.

Steven Robert Heine homepage

Messages In This Thread

POET LAUREATE'S
Steven Robert Heine -- Friday, 6 October 2006, at 6:31 a.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

The Poet's Forum is maintained by Bill Ames with WebBBS 5.12.

Home | About this site | Bill's Home Page |

This page is the Property of William Ames - All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 1996–2014
Poems with listed authors remain copyright of the author